Early Intervention is based on the principle that remediation therapies should be started as early as possible to minimize the effect of developmental delays and disabilities, both in the motor and cognitive areas.
We offer Early Intervention services to all students between 0 to 6 years of age. Early intervention focuses on skills in 5 areas.
- Physical skills – reaching, crawling, walking, drawing
- Cognitive skills – pre-reading, pre-writing, comprehending
- Communication skills – talking, listening, comprehending
- Self help and adaptive skills – eating, bathing, playing
- Social skills – greeting others, turn taking, following commands
Early intervention students are given intensive Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy and Special Education.
The parents are also given intensive and regular training for these exercises, so that they can be replicated at home and the effect can be optimized. Our staff regularly visits the homes of students to optimally modify the home environment and guide the family members.